Top 10 islands in Central America *** Panama has 5: http://primapanama.blogs.com/_panama_residential_devel/2014/08/know-what-the-top-10-islands-in-central-america-are.html
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Sunday, September 28, 2014
|Special Bulletin: The American Society of Panama Special Membership Drive Campaign & Incentives|
THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PANAMA
2015 New Member and Membership Renewal
The American Society Board of Directors extends an invitation to our community and our former members who would like to reinstate their membership. The Board is renewing the membership drive offering incentives to past members encouraging them to return and making it attractive for new members to join the American Society of Panama. We have developed a very active and attractive calendar of events and want you to be part of these activities. Details of some listed and unlisted events are still in the planning states.
1. Monday, Oct 6th Meet & Mix Hilton Hotel, Balboa Ave., The High Society Restaurant Terrace
2. Sunday, Nov 23rd 12 noon – 3 PM Traditional Family Thanksgiving Dinner at the TRYP Hotel Albrook
3. Monday, Dec 01 - Meet & Mix Fontanella Restaurant – Ramada Plaza Hotel, Via Israel
4. Thursday, Dec 18th: Christmas Dinner/Dance at the SORTIS Hotel. Cocktail hour from 7:00 to 8:00 PM. Dinner at 8:00 followed by dance, special program and door prizes.
5. Monday, Jan 5th 2015 Meet & Mix – TRYP Hotel Albrook Bristol Lounge – Welcoming the New Year!
6. Saturday, Jan 17th 2015 11 AM – 3 PM El Valle Day Outing at the Hotel Campestre and Complimentary Membership Appreciation Dinner that evening in El Valle at a private home.
7. Monday, Feb 2nd Meet & Mix - Xuvia Restaurant, Costa del Este
8. Saturday, Feb 14th Tentative moonlight cruise in the Bay of Panama (Full Moon) – or – Partial Panama Canal Transit with lunch at the Gamboa Rainforest Hotel.
We are in the planning stages for the following Meet and Mix and monthly events, but below is tentative information: Note: all Meet and Mix events are from 6:30 – 8:30 PM on the first Monday of the month.
9. Monday Mar 2nd March Meet & Mix
10. March – Art Show/Auction
11. Monday, April 6th Meet & Mix
12. April – Election Night Dinner Party
13. Monday, May 4th Meet & Mix
14. May – Installation Dinner
Our website www.amsoc.org is up and running and lists many of our past and upcoming events. We need you to help us give back to the community. You the members are the pillars that sustain our organization. Your support helps us meet our social, charitable and scholarship commitments.
WE NEED YOU: Our membership fee is the prime source of funding for our scholarship fund and our supported charities.
Founded in 1931, and after 83 years of existence, The American Society of Panama now has a membership that includes Americans and Panamanians, as well as citizens of other nations residing in Panama. We are a non-profit organization, and are duly recognized as such by the Panamanian Government.
Together we can do more!
The American Society of Panama is offering an Amnesty to members who have not paid their 2014 dues and to all past members who would now like to reinstate their membership by paying the regular membership renewal fee of $40.
1. We are waiving the penalty fee of $10 for all returning members.
2. In addition, those past members who return and rejoin between 01 Oct. & by 31 Dec. 2014 will have all arrears forgiven.
3. These returning, rejoining members and all new members as of 01 Sept. 2014 will also have that payment applied towards their 2015 dues.
4. These returning-reinstated members and those that become new members between now and 31 Dec. 2014 will receive a 10% discount in their tickets for the upcoming Membership Drive event in El Valle on Saturday 17 Jan. 2015 and invited to join us at the complimentary Lasagna dinner party that evening at the private home of one of our members in El Valle.
5. There is a new cost differential for our events. Members will receive a $15 discount on all our events.
Our New Member fee is $50 and Membership Renewal is $40 and applicable for the calendar year.
We encourage potential new members to visit our website www.amsoc.org and to apply electronically for membership.
You may also contact us at American.Society.Panama@gmail.com for more information and to obtain your tickets for our upcoming events.
Dr. Charles Garcia Membership Chair